[MPlayer-dev-eng] RFC on libspe2 detection

Rasmus Rohde rohde at duff.dk
Mon May 14 22:53:17 CEST 2007

Hopefully we will at some point see some additions to mplayer, which
will make use of libspe2 (the SPE library for the Cell BE).

I already have a beta vo_fbdevps3.c, which makes use of the SPEs for
scaling and color conversion. Also it uses some features found
specifically in the PS3 framebuffer.

The attached patch adds detection for libspe2 to the configure script.
Is this the way to go our should we instead detect the target is e.g.
PS3 and then add libspe2 as a needed library?