[MPlayer-dev-eng] Gui testing on bigendian

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon May 7 18:14:02 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 03:18:25PM +0000, SciFi wrote:
> On Mon, 07 May 2007 10:16:11 +0200, Reimar Doeffinger wrote:
> > Well, could someone please deny or confirm that it worked before with
> > libpng?
>
> I recently mentioned somewhere (probably in a bug-report as a side
> issue) that gmplayer was working fine on Apple's X11, and that I
> was able to see many nice skins and some ugly ones as well.
> I ended up liking Blue the best and left it in my
> ~/.mplayer/gui.conf -- so I *know* it was working fine a few weeks
> ago, albeit rather tiny on this 23-inch Cinema HD display.  ;)

If you didn't notice: I think it should work again with latest SVN, at
least the 32 and 24 bit pngs now look the same...

[...]
> > Also try removing the bgr2rgb. Not that with the blue skin only about
> > half of the Gui should have broken colours, and I'm only interested
> > about how to fix those, ignore if it breaks anything that is working
> > with the current code.
>
> The Blue skin looks almost like a 'negative' to me, but not
> consistently that way, and it seems to be more complex now that I
> study it more.  The middle round part ring is pink, as is most of
> the bent rectangular area.  There are bluish areas around the
> play/stop/ff/rew buttons that eat into the pink round ring,
> probably the pixels that should actually be 'transparent'.  The
> outer border (background?) is bright yellow.  Well, it's easy to
> have OSX run Grab.app even on X11 windows here, so please hollar
> where we should put 'em up for a quick view.

That is because some parts are 24-bit pngs (the parts that look bluish)
and those that are broken are the 32-bit ones ;-).
If it's still broken you can upload the snapshots to MPlayer incoming,
or if you make them smaller than about 30k you could also attach them.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger