[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] prefer ALSA over OSS

Sven Gothel sgothel at jausoft.com
Fri May 4 16:34:15 CEST 2007

On Thursday 03 May 2007 at 16:51, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 01:58:27AM +0400, Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:
> > Hi Rich Felker!
> >
> >  On 2007.05.03 at 16:27:35 -0400, Rich Felker wrote next:
> >
> > > Requires is a very strong word here. I think the correct way of saying
> > > this is "special interests require these features, at the expense of
> > > ordinary non-special-interest folks".
> >
> > No. In this case, yours interests are special; regular people around
> > want to easily utilize surround capabilities, plug in webcams/usb
>
> Surround sound is already a special-interest for audiophile idiots who
> can't count the number of ears they have and who flunked linear
> algebra...

ROTFL .. ;-))

Wow, Rich you are very rich of humor, I must say ;-)

This whole thread is so funny - THANK YOU ALL.

Rich, you seriously cannot mean that, do you ?

Well, maybe for your amusement,
there is another stereo 'surround' technique using an artificial dummy
head, where the ears are plugged into the artificial dummy ears.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_recording
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunstkopf

Indeed, that is a very sophisticated stereophonic recording technique,
which gives you surround sound.

But hey, do we want to sit there with headphones ?

But you go ahead,
everything more (rich) than binary must be idiotic, pun intended ;-))

Wow .. that's worth a laughter, indeed.

Cheers, Sven
--
health & wealth