[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] prefer ALSA over OSS

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri May 4 16:26:57 CEST 2007

On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 03:00:33PM +0200, Attila Kinali wrote:

> > > ...... Did you honestly just say that because he supports/likes ALSA, he
> > > cannot contribute to the conversation at hand?
> >
> > His relevance to the question of whether now is an appropriate time to
> > achieve something for OSS is basically zilch due to the fact that he
> > has an anti-OSS agenda to begin with. Of course he's going to try to
> > tell us it's a bad time because he wants to push ALSA.
>
> And what makes you different? Just exchange OSS and ALSA
> and you are exactly the same.

No, the question is strategy for advancing OSS and eliminating ALSA. I
support that position so I am relevant to strategizing how to do it.
Someone who opposes that positions is relevant only to undermining
it, not to advancing it...

If the question were how to advance ALSA and eliminate OSS, then my
input would be irrelevant to the strategy.

Rich