[MPlayer-dev-eng] add -Wall to default CFLAGS

Sven Gothel sgothel at jausoft.com
Fri May 4 15:01:52 CEST 2007

On Friday 04 May 2007 at 06:38, Thomas Orgis wrote:
> Am Fri, 4 May 2007 02:42:46 -0600
> schrieb Sven Gothel <sgothel at jausoft.com>:
>
> > And .. there should be a warning free policy, module by module.
> > I.e. once a module received the warning free status,
> > every further check in for that clean module must not break this status.
>
> New compilers make new warnings.
> I wonder if one really could mark some thing "warning free"... at least
> one had to say "warning free under compilers X,Y,Z (on platforms H,K,L)".

Sure, and IMHO it's our 'reference' compiler gcc x.y.z.

> Doubt one could manage that.

Why not ?
Let's say we have a build server, which counts warnings.
Then you can find out if warnings to warning free modules were introduced,
then you send the author an email ;-)
Ot better -Werror ;-)

> It should be a general rule for a patch not to introduce any new warnings
> with a current compiler anyway...

Sure, following the reference compiler.

> Thomas.

Piece of cake.