[MPlayer-dev-eng] linking alternate static x264 lib possible?

Stone syphyr at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 01:32:44 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have an older version of libx264 installed in /usr/lib because I have
older versions of libraries that depend on it.  But, I would like to link in
a current cvs checkout of a static x264 lib to mplayer from an alternate
path.  I was trying to use the following directives, but the configure
script still seems to choose the older libavcodec and x264 in the initial
path.  Shouldnt the following two directives take priority?

  --with-extraincdir=DIR      extra header search paths in DIR (*)
  --with-extralibdir=DIR      extra linker search paths in DIR (*)

I was reading the archives and aparently there used to be a special
directive for x264 only but it has been removed. Does anyone have any
suggestions?

Best Regards.