[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [RFC] unconditional #ifdefs in loader/

Alan Nisota alannisota at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 16:28:19 CEST 2007

This seems to have gotten lost the 1st time I sent it, so I'll try again.

 > Diego Biurrun wrote:
 >> On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 07:40:32AM -0700, Alan Nisota wrote:
 >> I don't know if the mplayer-dev guys care, but I found disabling
 >> 'MPLAYER' to be useful when using the loader library for 3rd-party
 >> apps (like my initial import to mythtv).  I have since found ways to
 >> make it work properly with 'MPLAYER' defined (and so I don't
 >> personally care one way or the other), as it makes it easier to keep
 >> in sync with mplayer, but the define may be useful for others where
 >> mplayer IS the upstream for their projects.
 >
 > Any details?  Looking at the code I don't see where it could have
 > helped you.  Hearing you say you made it work in the end I don't think
 > there is a real reason to keep them around.
I believe the big reason I did this was to avoid including things like
help_mp.h, mp_msg.h, and cpudetect.h (and the associated functions).
However, as I recall, recent versions of mplayer hadn't consistently
placed those inside #ifdef MPLAYER, so I just gave up, included them,
and wrote my own stub functions as needed.  As noone else has spoken up,
I assume no one else cares, and as I already said, I was able to come up
with an alternate solution, so I'm certainly not opposed to MPLAYER
going away.