[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: ia2_tsr_land_r4c5a.mov crashes mplayer

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Thu Mar 29 02:49:04 CEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 02:56 +0300, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> > Fortunately, I found another command that simply crashes mplayer:
> > mplayer ia2_tsr_land_r4c5a.mov -vf format=rgb32,scale
>
> I can confirm that this crashes. I haven't tried debugging it yet.

I did check what happens. First vd_ffmpeg.c maps the colorspace
PIX_FMT_PAL8 to IMGFMT_BGR8 (this must break the colors). Then the
format filter tries a conversion BGR8->RGB32. sws_getContext() uses
rgb2rgbWrapper for all RGB->RGB conversions which do not need dithering,
but rgb2rgbWrapper only supports 15,16,24 and 32 bit cases. When it's
called with RGB8->RGB32 it prints an error and then calls a function
pointer left at NULL.