[MPlayer-dev-eng] hi mplayer developers

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 22:45:55 CEST 2007

2007/3/28, AbLuKA AbLuKA <abluka at gmail.com>:
> hi mplayer developers
> i'm developing lazarus applications
> i want use mplayer in my lazarus application forms
> i tryed mplayer -wid (myappwinid) /home/video.avi
> i heared video sounds but i dont see video in form
>
> please help me

We got your first mail. We didn't respond on purpose.

1. This is mplayer developer maillist, not lazarus one.

2. I have no idea what lazarus applications is, my googled guess is
that it is something to do with FreePascal.

3. We are not obligated to debug your application in order to find why
it doesn't work with mplayer. There are many other applications that
use -wid and do work in all kind of platforms. That would mean the
problem is in YOU and YOUR application, not mplayer.

4. My guess is that you are giving wrong number as parameter. E.g. you
may feed pointer to the class of the window instead using X WinID or
Win32 WinParam or whatever the OS you are running uses internally to
number the windows.
Try to use mplayer -wid <number> -geometry <foo> from command line,
take the "Window id" with `xwininfo` program (X11).

5. Contact us ONLY if you have something related to development of
mplayer, like patch. You can ask question of how to use mplayer in
mplayer-users. You can probably try to find out how other people use
-wid in other programs.