[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [RFC] Show progress bar in Gui

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Mar 22 10:53:35 CET 2007

> When playing a random .mp4 file with Gui, I noticed that seeking was
> possible, but the progress bar always remains at 0.
>
> Attached patch fixes this issue for me, but might be completely wrong

Some additional information:

I tested TS, mpeg, mov, mp4 and avi:

For avi, patch doesn't change anything: Files cut with split are still shown
correctly on the progress bar.

For mpeg and TS (the patch may change their behaviour), I still see a correctly
moving progress bar, even for files I cut with dd, as without the patch.

For mov (and mp4) files I tested, I get a non moving progress bar without the
patch, and a perfectly working one with the patch.

Could another developer comment on this? I would like to apply if nobody objects.

Carl Eugen

PS: This patch has of course nothing to do with rtsp streaming;-)