[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [RFC] unconditional #ifdefs in loader/

Alan Nisota alannisota at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 15:40:32 CET 2007

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> There are three unconditionally used #ifdefs in the loader subdirectory:
> MPLAYER, NOAVIFILE_HEADERS and __WINE__.
>
> How useful are these?  Given that there is no intention to merge back
> changes and upstream is gone, can't we just rip these out along with
> the code they disable?  Are they useful for anything except code
> obfuscation?
>
> Diego
I don't know if the mplayer-dev guys care, but I found disabling
'MPLAYER' to be useful when using the loader library for 3rd-party apps
(like my initial import to mythtv).  I have since found ways to make it
work properly with 'MPLAYER' defined (and so I don't personally care one
way or the other), as it makes it easier to keep in sync with mplayer,
but the define may be useful for others where mplayer IS the upstream
for their projects.