[MPlayer-dev-eng] What is policy for changing message levels?

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 13:41:34 CET 2007

2007/3/19, Vladimir Voroshilov <voroshil at gmail.com>:
> Hi, All
>
> Is changing message level from MSGL_V to MSGL_WARN in attached patch safe ?
> svn-howto.txt says only about MSGL_INFO level.
> i just want to be sure.

I think that your change is book example what should be MSGL_WARN.
It is outputted when there is invalid user (config) input, but it
recovers from it. In that case the user must be warned so he can
easily find and correct the problem.

MSGL_V is used for debugging. In the tv.c code there is mp_msg that
outputs the chosen norm, right after the function you are changing.