[MPlayer-dev-eng] vidix - Rage 128 (radeon_vid.c): base2 size

Benjamin Zores ben at geexbox.org
Sun Mar 18 00:25:20 CET 2007

Nico Sabbi a écrit :
> Aurelien Jacobs wrote:
>

>> BTW, what's the status of internal vidix vs. vidix.sf.net ?

All patches from MPlayer SVN have been applied to vidix.sf.net when
possible (except for some Makefile related stuff).

>> Should this patch be applied to both ?

Rage/Radeon code has nothing more comparable between MPlayer's code and
vidix.sf.net one's unfortunately.

>> Will mplayer switch to external vidix ?

I hope so but first i need to setup a computer with a vidix compliant
GPU (several cards in fact for test purpose) in order to test the
switch. Vidix.sf.net introduced support for DMA and we may need to
change a bit of code in libvo/vosub_vidix.[hc] but again i can't test
right now.
I'll try to find the time (and h/w) anytime soon but it might take a bit
more time than expected.

> external vidixs drivers don't work with my radeon 7000

might be due to DMA support or not.
I will need to investiguate this much further.

Ben