[MPlayer-dev-eng] incoming/Vorbis_in_MP4_lavf_fail.mp4

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier at smartjog.com
Sat Mar 17 18:04:04 CET 2007

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Sat, Mar 17, 2007 at 12:39:59AM +0100, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>> Hi

>>> if codec_tag is mp4a then this is wrong, codec_tag should contain the thing
>>> which is looked up in ff_mov_obj_type
>>>
>>> grep ff_mov_obj_type in lavf/mov.c set codec_tag to it run regression tests
>>> check if this fixes the mplayer+lavf problem send patch
>>>
>> Humm well it makes sense for mp4, not sure for mov, dunno if other
>> codecs use "mp4a" as stsd tag in mov but stores something else and use
>> "esds" atom, and tag will be a simple int, but I've no real objection.
>
> hmm esds in mov? i thought esds is mp4 specific, ive checked the QT spec
> i have theres no match for "esds" ...

yes, aac and mpeg4 put "esds" in "stsd" as decoder specific info.

> my idea was that mov would set codec_tag like it does currently and .mp4
> would set it based on esds (= whats in ff_mov_obj_type)

well that will be problematic with stream copy since it honor codec_tag
first atm, and I feel like having an int as codec_tag will surely
conflicts with wav tags or something. Reimar's solution is probably safest.

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312