[MPlayer-dev-eng] MIPS compiler workaround in mp3lib/Makefile

Gianluigi Tiesi mplayer at netfarm.it
Sat Mar 17 03:04:49 CET 2007

On Sat, Mar 17, 2007 at 12:47:51AM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> The following in mp3lib/Makefile looks like a compiler bug workaround
> (for an ancient and obsolete compiler probably) to me:
>
>   ifeq ($(TARGET_ARCH_SGI_MIPS),yes)
>   OPTFLAGS := $(OPTFLAGS:-O4=-O0)
>   endif
>
> We don't do compiler bug workarounds normally, thus I'm tempted to
> remove it.  Opinions?

there is already a workaround when compiling in debug mode,
-O2 is used instead of -O0, because of gcc crazyness when compiling some
files.
Yes -O2 it's still acceptable since gdb can debug even in optimized
code, but trust me, you can suffer of sea disease when debugging with O2
:P
Perhaps only some files cannot be compiled with -O0, it would be nice
to have -O0 for all execept for the ones that gcc cannot compile with,
yes I known is a very dirty hack, but it could be very usefull
when debugging.

Regards

--
Gianluigi Tiesi <sherpya at netfarm.it>