[MPlayer-dev-eng] incoming/Vorbis_in_MP4_lavf_fail.mp4

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier at smartjog.com
Sat Mar 17 00:39:59 CET 2007

Hi

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 06:36:46PM +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
>> Hello,

>>> try with svn blame who broke it, please.
>> I think this was never fixed. The problem IIRC is that lavf demuxer uses
>> a different mov atom to detect the format, but that one only contains
>> "mp4a".
>
> if codec_tag is mp4a then this is wrong, codec_tag should contain the thing
> which is looked up in ff_mov_obj_type
>
> grep ff_mov_obj_type in lavf/mov.c set codec_tag to it run regression tests
> check if this fixes the mplayer+lavf problem send patch

Humm well it makes sense for mp4, not sure for mov, dunno if other
codecs use "mp4a" as stsd tag in mov but stores something else and use
"esds" atom, and tag will be a simple int, but I've no real objection.

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312