[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Recent regression in FreeMediaType

Alan Nisota alannisota at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 19:34:12 CET 2007

Vladimir Voroshilov wrote:
> Perhaps, trouble is in win32.c's expMoCopyMediaType,expMoFreeMediaType and
> others. They are neither clears pUnk in Free nor copyes it in Copy.
> Try to add "dest->pUnk=0" into expMoFreeMediaType and check if this will
> help.

Nope.  I tried that (had to add pUnk in the right place in the
definition of MY_MEDIA_TYPE of course), but to no avail.  Neither of
those functions are called at all during shutdown (or any other time) by
CoreAVC.
The only places where CopyMediaType get called are in the Input and
Output pin creation, as well as SetDestFmt (CreateMedia type never gets
called)
FreeMediaType gets called 4 times, in the 1st 2 cases, I'm not sure what
allocated the memory (didn't come from a CreateMediaType or
CopyMediaType), the second 2 cases were allocated by CopyMediaType.Only
the second call to CloseMediaType (one where I haven't been able to
track down the allocation yet) contains a 'pUnk' and at the point at
which it is called, pUnk appears to be invalid.