[MPlayer-dev-eng] Zattoo, AES, avutil

Ilja Kamps ikarus at ikarus.ath.cx
Mon Mar 12 20:32:04 CET 2007

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 07:02:49PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 05:11:41PM +0100, Ilja Kamps wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 10:03:16PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > > Hi

> > > hmm, then why dont you (or the author of the patch) explains it in a
> > > few words?

> > > so from all the tiny fragments of information on the ML it seems we need
> > > a SHA-1 and a RSA implementation?
> > > which then somehow get connected ...
> > >

> > SHA1 isn't much, see attached file
>
> RSA isnt more either ...
>
> anyway both RSA and SHA-1 should be added to libavutil, but these must be
> clean, small, simple and fast implementations ...
>
> the one below fails in clean and small but can certainly serve as a starting
> point for a nicer implementation
> the most obvious problem it has is the use of macros and manually unroled
> loops instead of inline functions and normal for()
> the rest is simple plain stupidity, like writing to variables which are
> never read afterwards and doing otherwise silly things ...
>
> [...]

Agreed, it could take some work to clean up further, I just did it to
the point where I could actually use it in another project, I actually
have a public domain RSA implementation aswell somewhere, but I couldn't
find it.

Actually I think all this crypto stuff is also in gnutls or some
similair GNU project, so you could use that or code from that.