[MPlayer-dev-eng] screensaver patch

Adam Tlałka atlka at pg.gda.pl
Sat Mar 10 19:15:29 CET 2007

Dnia Sat, 10 Mar 2007 18:10:29 +0100
Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> napisał(a):

> > ;). Because this is a hack I meant some keycode in range 0 to 8
> > which is not used/reserved so normal Xserver keymap is from
> > code 9 (XK_Escape) to code 117(XK_Menu) and all additional keycodes
> > will be > 117. Anyway it seems to be no problem because we
> > could read the actual Xserver keymap, use an unbound keycode and
> > generate its press and release event. There is no keysym bound to
> > this keycode so it should not harm currently working app.
>
> Well, my volume control keycodes were unbound for several years until
> I got my ass up and bound them. And actually I somewhat regret it
> because now in my special setup they don't work anymore when some app
> grabs the keyboard (assuming it wasn't just my good old
> too-stupid-to-test, don't have time to play games so I don't notice
> or mind anymore ;-).

I dislike X11 proto mouse and keyboard global grabs too. It's like old
Win 3.11 cooperative multitasking. If an app behaves wrong it could
freeze all desktop. X11 focus policy could lead to problems too.

As you know it's scancode->keycode->keysym binding as it works in X11.
If we could use unbound 0-8 keycodes it will work not depending on your
special keyboard. But I must test it first.

Regards
--
Adam Tlałka       mailto:atlka at pg.gda.pl    ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
System  & Network Administration Group       - - - ~~~~~~
PGP public key:   finger atlka at sunrise.pg.gda.pl