[MPlayer-dev-eng] screensaver patch

Adam Tlałka atlka at pg.gda.pl
Sat Mar 10 17:43:05 CET 2007

Dnia Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:08:12 +0100
Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> napisał(a):

> On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 04:52:27PM +0100, Adam Tla??ka wrote:
> > XWarpPointer will work always but it is some kind of a hack.
> > Using Xtst and fake keypress will be a good hack too but need this
> > particular extension of Xserver. Anyway with some unused keycodes it
> > could be worth using.
>
> And tomorrow some laptop manufacturer gets out a new keyboard model
> and suddenly your "unused" key code is that of e.g. the mute button...

;). Because this is a hack I meant some keycode in range 0 to 8
which is not used/reserved so normal Xserver keymap is from
code 9 (XK_Escape) to code 117(XK_Menu) and all additional keycodes
will be > 117. Anyway it seems to be no problem because we
could read the actual Xserver keymap, use an unbound keycode and
generate its press and release event. There is no keysym bound to
this keycode so it should not harm currently working app.

Regards
--
Adam Tlałka       mailto:atlka at pg.gda.pl    ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
System  & Network Administration Group       - - - ~~~~~~
PGP public key:   finger atlka at sunrise.pg.gda.pl