[MPlayer-dev-eng] to be root or not to be root

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Wed Mar 7 02:28:14 CET 2007

Hi

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 05:02:23PM +0200, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-03-04 at 21:50 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > i think uoti has successfully thrown the project into chaos allthough
> > i dont think he did that intentional ...
>
> I think "throwing the project into chaos" (to the extent that such has
> happened) has been mainly the result of your actions. You were the one
> flaming, calling for votes and involving "the project" in a situation
> where it was in no way necessary.

uhm you violated half of the rules in our policy, ignored a unanimous
request by the other developers and now you claim that the results are
someone elses fault, well its not really relevant, belive what you will

also i didnt ask for a vote, i asked for your account to be suspended
but you know that ...

[random insults an flames]

> > or shorter, yes attila i trust you, the real problem is uotis stubbornness
> > he should just apply the damn patch from dominik then the spirit of the
>
> Are you happy with
>
> svn update -r 22297 mplayer.c
> svn cp mplayer.c command.c.tmp
> patch with mplayer.c-command.c.patch
> svn commit command.c.tmp
> locally copy current command.c over command.c.tmp
> svn commit command.c.tmp (change to match current command.c, no
>                           functionality changes)
> svn delete command.c
> svn mv command.c.tmp command.c
> svn commit command.c command.c.tmp
>
> which doesn't change command.c contents back and forth? I can commit that.

there has been a commit to command.c by ivo after yours, your suggestion
above would merge that into your cosmetic change, so you will need
2 more lines or so to recommit ivos change seperately
besides this
if the patches mentioned above match the latest and complete cleanup patches
which where posted here, the revision matches, there have been no other
suggestions by the other developers and so on then yes iam happy with it

also i hope very much that you will follow the spirit of the policy
and cooperate with the other developers from now on ...

I know you won't believe me, but the highest form of Human Excellence is
to question oneself and others. -- Socrates