[MPlayer-dev-eng] New policy proposal

Guillaume Poirier gpoirier at mplayerhq.hu
Sun Mar 4 23:54:29 CET 2007

Hi,

Le 2 mars 07 à 16:06, Michael Niedermayer a écrit :

> Hi
>
> As all developers should already know ive added a
> new_policy_proposal.txt
> to svn DOCS/tech

I've read it all.

> * a formal voting procedure

That's the part that I found quite unclear.  I probably should go
over it later to clear it up, maybe.

> * a rule against personal insults on public lists

Good thinking.

> * a rule which requires the admin/leader to provide a svn dump
>   if someone wants to fork mplayer

that's also a really good idea.

> * a rule which requires passwords to be sent encrypted with gpg
>   if both parties know gpg
> * formal warning and and account suspension policy
> * new developers should be asked for email adresseS and phone number
>   which of course are optional but pretty usefull to contact them
>   if the need arises like in case of copyright/license questions

Should they be made public? In the extreme case of a company wanting
to suie all devs, wouldn't it make its job a lot easier?
I think it should be kept "somewhat" private, i.e. kept to the
discretion of the pool of devs.

> please read it and provide suggestions for improvements
> especially suggestions to clarify it are welcome

As I said, voting procedure could use some help.

There's also a couple of typos I noticed along the way that I should
commit...

Nice job Michael.

Guillaume