[MPlayer-dev-eng] patch for udp socket reuse for rtp multicast.

SiO4, Yong Hwan sio4 at users.sf.net
Sat Mar 3 10:21:15 CET 2007

please excuse my poor English.

recently, I made a gateway system for RTP multicast stream, and I use
mplayer for stream preview and run-time monitor. In this way, I found a
problem
of mplayer's rtp stream handling style. - mplayer do not allow to share the
multicast resource with others.

I browse recent release and subversion HEAD for related codes, and found
two related codes. the first, libavformat/udp.c, libavformat's udp implement
has
no problem, It can use SO_REUSEADDR by url option (udp://...), and It is not
my case.

another code is stream/udp.c. problem is here. in function
udp_open_socket(),
reuse option is not used. so I made a patch for it, and attach here.

If there is no reason for it, please check and apply this patch to
subversion.