[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] threaded decoding/filtering

Benjamin Zores ben at geexbox.org
Thu Mar 1 09:25:20 CET 2007

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 19:02:49 +4300, Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:

> >From my experience, once load hits near-100%, "audio percentage"
> shoots way up. Also, the audio percentage includes demuxing, which can
> be quite expensive simply due to memory operations when bitrate is
> high..

Seconded.
The audio codec was AC3 iirc, which doesn't take that much decoding on
my machine. When you gets the "Your computer is too slow" message, you
can't rely on the adec percentage value.

But VC-1 HD-DVD is really sucking down your CPU power for what i can tell :-(
The good thing is that some samples can be decoded with ffvc1 while
they can't with Win32 DLL ;-)

--
"My life, and by extension everyone else's is meaningless."
Bender, Futurama