[MPlayer-dev-eng] x86_64 and windows codecs

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Jun 29 19:40:54 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 05:55:02PM +0200, Nicolas George wrote:
> The negotiation of pixel format in mpcodecs_config_vo could be more a
> problem, but I believe that it can be evacuated by deciding that all decoded
> data will be in YV12. ffmpeg's colorspace converters are probably better
> than microsoft's anyway...

YV12 with some wmv3 video produces incorrect colours, so you actually do
loose a little bit by not allowing other formats.

> I have tried further to implement things, but I am stuck with a
> non-deterministic bug in the loader. I try a minimalistic program (at the
> end of this mail). All it does it call DMO_VideoDecoder_Open. I build it
> with:
>
> cc -I /tmp/mplayer -Wall -O4 -pthread -o testdmo main0.c \
>   -L /tmp/mplayer/loader -lloader /tmp/mplayer/osdep/mmap_anon.o \
>   /tmp/mplayer/cpudetect.o -lm

-pthread should not be needed, though it should not hurt either.

>     /* values from guignols-20070622.wmv */
>     BITMAPINFOHEADER bih = {
>         .biSize = 44,

sizeof(BITMAPINFOHEADER) == 40, so you forgot the 4 additional bytes
after the struct. Probably the decoder needs those, but only gets random
data with your code.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger