[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] keep fullscreen mode over aspect, file etc. change if set by user

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Jun 28 23:36:25 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 08:56:43PM +0300, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 19:12 +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > It is still ugly insofar as it only affects X11 vos, but I do not really
> > like the alternatives of hacking this into vf_vo or the option parser
> > code (probably will result in a very bloated and/or hackish approach),
> > do you see any of these as clearly better? And why?
>
> I think the fullscreen case could be best handled as an option parser
> feature. Make the option behave so that a global value is set at the
> start of the first file but is not restored at the start of later files.
>
> The above change would affect the behavior of "-fs file1 -nofs file2",
> as the -nofs from file1 would stay for file2 which does not explicitly
> specify a new value. I'm not sure whether this is something worth
> "fixing".

That puts the whole command-line concept upside down. I'd considered
that even more hackish than the ideas I had (among them things like a
new option type that would not be overwritten on restore when bit 31 is
set and another option parsing pass that would read vo_user_override and
restore the options according to it - the later one probably combining
the disadvantages of all approaches).
I actually think that Ivan's objection can probably easiest be fixed by
setting the vo_user stuff in mp_property_fullscreen while leaving the
other code as is.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger