[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] keep fullscreen mode over aspect, file etc. change if set by user

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 16:07:44 CEST 2007

2007/6/27, Reimar Doeffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de>:
> Hello,
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 09:19:32PM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
> > Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > > Please test and comment attached patch.
> >
> > On limited testing: it does as described for me, but with the
> > unfortunate side effect of removing the ability to have the previous
> > behavior if desired. Make this an option (preferably disabled by
> > default, though that's not absolutely required), and unless more
> > negatives show up it has my approval for the little that's worth.
>
> I don't believe the old behaviour to be desirable enough to keep.
> Note that per-file -fs/-nofs still works as long as you don't change the
> setting during playback.
> If anything, I'd advocate a "reset display" command that is also useful
> if you accidentially resize the video.

Just by looking at the patch.
I don't see where VO_USER_OVERRIDE_POS flag is set and where it's
user_x/y parameters are filled. Also I'd have too see the actual code
where vo_width/height initialization  are removed, but it doesn't look
right.

Anyway, I think we should preserve the FS state, unless the command
line says something different.
I don't like the current approach as it requires additional code for
each vo that wants this kind of behavior, creating huge non-intuitive
differences among vo's.