[MPlayer-dev-eng] Where to put the code?

Paul TT paultt at hackerjournal.it
Tue Jun 26 20:00:46 CEST 2007

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 10:19:31 +0200
"Guillaume POIRIER" <poirierg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 6/22/07, Zuxy Meng <zuxy.meng at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm planning to support 'stop-xscreensaver' under Windows. It's
> > simple to implement as Windows API provides a heartbeat function.
> > The problem is that this function isn't available on Windows 95
>
> When was this function introduced? If it was introduced with win98, I
> think we can make MPlayer dependant on at least win98. Win95 is 12
> years old, that's _very_ old by IT standards.

OS check at startup, i'll say. even if stopping the screensaver doesn't
work in win95, i think it could be not a problem, since it didn't work
anyway before, or not? ;-)

and not another option. if i'm in win, i havo the win screensaver, in
other (real) OSes, i have other types of screensaver.....

IMHO