[MPlayer-dev-eng] mencoder problems with large video frames (in this case huffyuv)

Øyvind Vågen Jægtnes lorrides at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 21:29:36 CEST 2007

Loren Merritt wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jun 2007, Øyvind Vågen Jægtnes wrote:
>
>> But when i playback with mplayer i get errors like this:
>> Error generating huffman table, 13
>> Error while decoding frame!
>> Error generating huffman table, 13
>> Error while decoding frame!
>> Error generating huffman table, 10
>> Error while decoding frame!
>> Error generating huffman table, 47
>> Error while decoding frame!
>>
>> The number after the errors comes from me editing the line 256 in
>> libavcodec/huffyuv.c to:
>> av_log(NULL, AV_LOG_ERROR, "Error generating huffman table, %i\n", bits);
>> just to see what number it stumbles on.
>
> Wait, you're saying that
>
>     if(bits & 1){
>         av_log(NULL, AV_LOG_ERROR, "Error generating huffman table, %i\n", bits);
>         return -1;
>     }
>
> printed 10? See a problem with the arithmetic there?

Yes i found that odd aswell.
But thats what came out of the run .. and its consistant and reproducable.
Anyway, it aborts all the frames with errors and produces a duplicate
of the last which results in bad video.
ffv1 seems to work though with the 4 mb buffer change, but its a bit
slower then huffyuv.

---
Øyvind Jægtnes