[MPlayer-dev-eng] PATCH dynamic link loader for libaf, audio filter package

Marc Hoffman mmhoffm at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 04:15:32 CEST 2007

On 6/15/07, Reimar Doeffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de>
wrote:

> Hello,
> On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 05:08:08PM -0400, Marc Hoffman wrote:
> > Can I apply this patch?  Any objections?
>
> Please give me some time, I have a few comments but I'm too tired right
> now.
> At least one of the things you should do I think is using
> if (strncmp(name, "dl:", 3) != 0)

Sorry for the delay I have been preoccupied with other issues.

you mean

    if (strncmp (name, "dl:", 3)==0)

no problem.

A man page addition is missing as well.

Here is the excerpt I'm thinking about for the man page does it seam
reasonable?

AUDIO FILTERS
       Audio  filters allow you to modify the audio stream and its
properties.
       The syntax is:

       -af <filter1[=parameter1:parameter2:...],filter2,...>
              Setup a chain of audio filters.

       NOTE: To get a full list of available audio filters, see -af help.

       The filter can be a dynamically loaded library if the filter is
       prefixed with dl:filename[=parameter1:parameter2:...], ...
       e.g.
      -af dl:specialgizmo.so=verbose,volume=20

       The suffix is platform dependent under Linux its .so, under
       MACOSX .dylib and under windows its .dll.  The platform look up
       rules apply hence things LD_LIBRARY_PATH for Linux or
DYLIB_LIBRARY_PATH
       for MACOSX is used to find these modules at runtime.

       Available static filters are:

       resample[=srate[:sloppy[:type]]]
              Changes the sample rate of the audio stream.  Can be used if
you
              have  a  fixed  frequency sound card or if you are stuck with
an
              old sound card that is only capable of max 44.1kHz.  This
filter
              is  automatically enabled if necessary.  It only supports
16-bit
              integer and float in native-endian format as input.
              NOTE: With MEncoder, you need to also use -srate <srate>.

Thanks for your help
Marc