[MPlayer-dev-eng] {PATCH] - improve asf demuxer's handling of streaming data

John Donaghy johnfdonaghy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 01:03:45 CEST 2007

Hi

The attached patch enables mplayer to properly play asf steaming video
such as the one found here:

http://a1729.l2168647534.c21686.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1729/21686/v0001/reflector:36819

Without the patch there is a loss of precision when the timestamp
values are large. During tests I discovered that the resultant
timestamps were the same for several frames in a row, then there was a
jump with several more being the same (higher) value. This causes a
jerky picture.

I'm guessing that the timestamps wrap back to zero at some point.
Also, I assume that when the timestamp values are relatively low, the
stream will play ok without the patch, but I havent confirmed this.

John