[MPlayer-dev-eng] Status of CoreAVC (last time) and using win32 codecs on x86_64

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Jul 24 23:22:52 CEST 2007

Hi!

Alan Nisota <alannisota <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Well, I continue to get a lot of mail about using CoreAVC with mplayer,
> so I thought I'd post a status update.
> I have failed to get any but the most trivial patches included in the
> mplayer code, and all the work I did splitting the patches up into
> little pieces just makes installation harder for users who will have to
> manually patch anyway.

Did you try to play transport streams (ts files) containing h264 video using
coreavc and mplayer? It always crashes for me, because BITMAPINFOHEADER * format
is not set before first frame by demux_ts. (?)

> Since I have continued to develop the code and don't want to spam the
> list with 12 patches each time I do an update, I have started a project
> for using CoreAVC on linux here:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/coreavc-for-linux/

Am I correct that it is not possible to just download the mplayer vs coreavc
patch there? Or did I just didn't look close enough?

> The project is new, and I haven't flushed everything out yet, but
> included is (or will be for what is not there today) a forked copy of
> mplayer's 'loader' directory supporting CoreAVC along with
> patches/instructions on how to incorporate the code into mplayer,
> MythTV, and Xine.
>
> Mplayer does not seem to have the capability to deal with the fact that
> CoreAVC does the deinterlacing internally, and so I have been unable to
> make mplayer work with interlaced AVC streams, but MythTV and Xine can
> both handle it. I have no plans to try to fix mplayer for this.

(In case it's a problem with A/V sync)
Have you tried -correct-pts?
And can you point me to a sample? My PAFF samples seem to work correctly, so
what do you mean with interlaced AVC streams?

Carl Eugen