[MPlayer-dev-eng] include dirs ordering: build errors related to #include <png.h>

SciFi sci-fi at hush.ai
Tue Jul 17 05:00:46 CEST 2007

Hi,

Some months ago I opened a couple bugreports to try convincing TPTB
here to use pkg-config over-and-above the other ways of detections
being used in mplayer's configure et al.

As far as this png debacle is concerned, ATM I'm testing their official
libpng-1.2.19beta23.tar.gz code.  My full path include-dir for the
png.h is, believe it or not, as you can see in the snip below:
/usr/include/libpng12 -- so Stanislav's patch here will not work for
me, and neither will your usual/normal -I tweaks.

# libpng-config --cflags

-I/usr/include/libpng12 -DPNG_NO_MMX_CODE
# libpng-config --I_opts
-I/usr/include/libpng12

We must reconsider relying on the *-config scripts again please if they
are available & provided by the project.  It is the only way to fix
some of these configure problems IMO.

(...yeah I know "submit patches" ... lemme work on 'em...)

Thanks.