[MPlayer-dev-eng] New Feature: -splash (disables decorations)

Robert Goliasz robert.goliasz at uk.clara.net
Sun Jul 15 15:37:11 CEST 2007

Hi

I wrote a small patch to add a command line switch that disables window
decorations. It's available here:

http://www.uukgoblin.net/MPlayer-1.0rc1-splash.patch

It applies to MPlayer-1.0rc1.

It only works for window managers that support it. I believe
they have to support the NetWM interface, but possibly full support is not
required. I've tested it on IceWM. According to
http://www.sweb.cz/tripie/utils/wmctrl/ the following WMs should work:

blackbox >= 0.70
icewm
kwin (the default WM for KDE)
metacity (the default WM for GNOME)
openbox >= 3
sawfish
fvwm >= 2.5
waimea
pekwm
enlightenment >= 0.16.6
xfce >= 4
fluxbox >= 0.9.6
matchbox
window maker >= 0.91

The patch adds a -splash option which when enabled will tell the WM not to
display borders and window title. I wrote it because -noborder didn't work
for me as I don't use DirectX.

Feel free to do whatever you want with it, either chuck it to /dev/null,
apply it to the head or modify it or do it in a better way.

Thanks :-)
--
Robert Goliasz