[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] reindent limpdemux/ aviheader.c and demux_avi.c

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Sat Jul 14 01:57:00 CEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 17:09 +0200, Attila Kinali wrote:
> Moin people,
>
> aviheader.c and demux_avi.c being one of the oldest files
> around mplayer are still written in the..uhm... old coding style.
> I thus propose to reindent them completely with the indent
> settings i used once uppon a time for the x11 code (profile attached).
> An according patch has been attached.

> // put braces on the line after the  "if"
> -bl

Like others who have commented I also dislike this (by far the worst
problem I have with these settings).

> // max line length for non comment lines
> -l75

I prefer letting lines go to 79 characters rather than add more splits.

> extern void print_avih(MainAVIHeader * h, int verbose_level);

I think the space after * here is a result of indent not recognizing the
type, and thus not being able to tell it apart from multiplication (it
won't place such a space after 'char *'). I don't know whether there's a
better way to remove those extra spaces than checking them manually.