[MPlayer-dev-eng] zzuf'ifying MPlayer

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue Jul 10 09:30:24 CEST 2007

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 09:05:25 +0200
Pierre Lombard <p_l at gmx.fr> wrote:

> > Not really surprising it produced a dozen crashes within
> > a couple of minutes. As i'm sure that will not have enough
> > time to check all of them, would be anyone interested in
> > the crash reports? I could send out mails for the crashes
> > and give access to the files used.
>
> Maybe just put the files online somewhere.

My file server is online :-)

> If they're crashing mplayer,
> then I guess those who'll want to fix the related bugs will have to use
> gdb eventually...

One bug in the AVI demuxer is easy to reproduce, just use
zzuf on one sample you have at hand. It'll crash nearly
for sure. The command line i use is;

zzuf -c -r0.001:0.02 -b4- -D0.5 -S -q -T1800 -s0:10000 \
mplayer -- -noconsolecontrols -vo null -ao null -benchmark -nosound \
somefile.avi

> I, for one, would be interested in seeing the files.

Oki. I'm still experimenting with how to set up a
completely automated zzuf'ifiying system. Currently
it's still half-manual, but at least it works :-)

			Attila Kinali

                         -- Deed of Morred