[MPlayer-dev-eng] Yet another attempt to release rc2

Mon Jul 9 00:54:16 CEST 2007

Hi Nico Sabbi!

 On 2007.07.08 at 22:57:59 +0200, Nico Sabbi wrote next:

> >- should we include a snapshot of our libdvdnav in rc2?
>
> no, users should be educated to do the right thing (svn co ...),
> not seconded in their ignorance and laziness.

I asked this once and got no answer - there are no problems with
checkouting/compiling new dvdnav, but will mplayer use it automatically
with libdvdnav placed into mplayer dir - like libdvdread, libavcodec and
others? If so, can mplayer run configure/make in libdvdnav automatically
on its build process?

make install'ing it to /usr/local or some kind of /usr/local/for_mplayer
is pretty absurd, creating proper package out of it and replacing
system-wide libdvdnav, breaking vlc and maybe something else isn't wise
too, because who knows what changes it may contain in the future and
what could it break.. So if mplayer can't use it when it isn't installed
somewhere, it's as good as useless, unless you are into making LFS out
of some proper linux distro..

--

Vladimir