[MPlayer-dev-eng] A couple of audio streaming problems

Gregoire Gentil gregoire at gentil.com
Mon Jul 2 07:48:00 CEST 2007

Hello,

I would like to know if I'm the only one to experience the following
couple of problems:

Gentoo, kernel 2.6.17, mplayer_20070622, mplayerplug-in 3.35, firefox
2.0.0.4, on the following page:

http://www.kqed.org/listen/index.jsp?flash=true

- mp3 works great (without playing the ad).

- quicktime doesn't work at all.

- realaudio only play the 18-second ad.

- Windows media works great (both ad and then live streaming).

Can anyone make it work both quicktime and real with mplayer on this
website? On my machine, real streaming works on some other radio
websites and this website works well with realplayer.

Thanks by advance for any tip,

Gregoire