[MPlayer-dev-eng] Shall we set HAVE_FAST_CMOV in mplayer's configure?

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 13:57:57 CET 2007

Hi,

On 1/30/07, Zuxy Meng <zuxy.meng at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2007/1/30, Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com>:
> > As far as I can see, this should work:
> >
> > #ifdef HAVE_FAST_CMOV
>
> I guess you meant ifndef?
>
> > use branchy asm (for P4s)
> > #elif defined(HAVE_CMOV)
> > use branchless cmov asm (for P6s and Athlons)
> > #else
> > use branchless setcc asm (for P5s and K6s)
>
> No setcc, of course:-)
> > endif
>
> So HAVE_FAST_CMOV no more implies HAVE_CMOV?

Sorry, I need to insert my brain before typing...

Basicly:
ifdef HAVE_FAST_CMOV
cmov code
elif HAVE_CMOV
branchy ASM, probably even normal C code (newer GCC produce faster
code on P4 than Michael's asm code)
Of course, if we code that performed well with slow CMOV, it could be
used here, but there isn't any such code yet.
elif SETCC
  set CC code
else
C code