[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] multichannel ladspa plugin support

Ivo ivop at euronet.nl
Wed Jan 24 14:15:26 CET 2007

Hi,

On Friday 05 January 2007 14:57, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> Hello,
> attached is a completely untested patch that might add support for that.
> Maybe someone can check it or give me a tip how to best test it.
> Even if for some reason it does not work like this, some of the changes
> IMHO really deobfuscate the code a bit.

Sorry it took me so long to respond, but I was a bit behind with reading the
mailinglist.

The deobfuscation looks good and by the looks of it the functionality
remains exactly the same for 1ch and 2ch input/output. Also, with n channel
input and mono filters, everything looks fine. Same for n channel input and
m channel filters where n == m or where n !=m and (n % m) == 0. But I think
there might be a problem where n != m and (n % m) != 0 . For example:

5 ch input --> 2 ch filter. This creates three filter instances. The first
two have both inputs connected, but the third one has only its left channel
connected. This might cause the filter to crash as it is one input/output
bufferpair short.

I recently re-installed my system from scratch (literally, I built LFS) and
I do not have any ladspa filters installed atm. Furthermore, I do not have
a soundcard capable of more than two channels, so it's a bit of a pain to
test it correctly. To test it, you can have a look at:

http://www.ladspa.org/  (the SDK, plus a link to CMT, which is a reasonably
nice collection of filters, though some are pretty broken)
http://tap-plugins.sourceforge.net/index.html  (imho the best plugins)

--Ivo