[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [RFC] TV support under Win32 using DirectShow

Compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Tue Jan 16 22:27:05 CET 2007

Vladimir Voroshilov <voroshil <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > > If anybody will be interesting in testing it i can upload prebuilded
> > > binaries+source anywhere in Web to make testing more easy.

i'm interested in testing! make sure to --enable-static --enable-runtime-
cpudetection . the mplayer-cygwin list would be best.

> I'm afraid that (due to output.c changes) it can also broke any
> functionality in Win32 loader (it shouldn't but who knows...). I have
> tested (under Linux) all media files from my HDD, but non of them used
> dshow loader (just dmo). Thus my test was incomplete.

using -vfm dshow or even specifying the dshow codec e.g. -vc wmv8 will force
dshow ...

> I also does not decide where put tvi_dshow.h contents to.
> It contains some declaration, that already defined in either recent
> wine versions or used mingw32. Unfortunately it is not possible to mix
> it together.

can you rename the declaration? e.g. mplayer_declaration_name . maybe i dont
understand how to program yet :)

-compn