[MPlayer-dev-eng] lastest svn compliation failure

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue Jan 16 04:53:36 CET 2007

Hi

On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 10:50:49AM +0800, Netex wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have to be straight. The logic is:
>
> (1) gcc is the only supported compiler.

IIRC mplayer can be compiled with non-gcc compilers too ...

> (2) mplayer source code cannot pass all gcc compiler in a specific
> platform/OS that mplayer claims to support.

well, no program more complex then hello world will compile with all
versions of gcc (think of really old gcc)

> (3) I know it's not a bug of mplayer, but you don't even have a plan
> to provide a workaround.

there where some disscussions about some workarounds (EBP_IS_SPECIAL &
EBX_IS_SPECIAL) which could workaround some of these bugs why dont you
contribute to that instead of complaining?
and no i dont care about this at all, its simple either someone else
does ALL the work needed to do a clean workaround or there wont be a
workaround

[...]

additionally as diego already said stop top posting, continuing to
toppost after you have been asked repeatedly not to will probably
make most people think you are incapable of writing a reply which
is correctly interleaved ...

[...]

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible. -- Voltaire