[MPlayer-dev-eng] Compiling mplayer as library.

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Jan 12 23:28:19 CET 2007

Sharique uddin Ahmed Farooqui wrote:

> I want to compile mplayer as library. How I can do this?

Unless I'm very much mistaken, you can't. IIRC there's a third-party
project in the works somewhere to try to make this possible, but I don't
think they've had any real success to date.

On the other hand, you can get most of the functionality via FFmpeg's
libav* (libavcodec, libavformat, libavutil) - though that will miss out
on some features like MPlayer's internal demuxers, MPlayer's support for
decoding with binary-only DLL codecs, MPlayer's relatively-advanced
subtitle support, and so forth.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.