[MPlayer-dev-eng] Job offer

Sebastian Schäfer schaefer at b-tox.de
Mon Jan 8 14:59:46 CET 2007

Hi developers of MPlayer,

I am working in a company developing an appliance utilizing MPlayer.

We are in need of a programmer willing to develop an extension to
MPlayer as a project. Exact terms and conditions, including payment, are
subject to negotiation.

Following is a brief summary of the task to do:

Task:
Implementation of an extension of the existing MXF support in MPlayer in
order to play (decrypt, decode and display) AES-256 encrypted files
according to the MXF-Interop standard with bitrates of up 80 MBit/s in
real-time.

More specific:
- Keys are being deployed through XML files, which have to be read in
and parsed
- The decryption has to happen as near as possible to the decoding of
the MPEG2 stream. It's not an option to decrypt the files prior to
playback.
- The solution has to support multi-reel MXF files, i. e. picture and
audio data are partitioned into reels, which are encrypted using
different keys and are to be played without any visible and hearable
interruption. The keys all reside in the same XML file, the order of the
reels is being determined by another XML file.

Project deadline:

- The solution has to be deployable (i.e. completed and tested) in the
first quarter of 2007

For more details, please email me privately.

With best regards,
Sebastian Schäfer