[MPlayer-dev-eng] mencoder variable FPS

Keith Chew keith.chew at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 13:06:00 CET 2007

Ni Nico

> > So far, I have not seen any problems in my testing. It has been
> > running smoothly for over 3 days.
> >
> what output format are you using?

Thank you very much for your reply. I am using:

-rawvideo yv12 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=msmpeg4v2:keyint=5

I have a clock on the captured video, so I can monitor the seconds
passing by. When playback with mplayer, it shows correctly the times
when the fps changes, eg swapping between 3fps to 25fps. Without the
code change, I can see the clock on the video speed up on 25fps and
slow down on 3fps (this is with force_fps initially set to 15fps).

The file is also correctly played by Windows Media Player.

With the output format I am using, should it not have worked?

Regards
Keith