[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] Use utf-8 for all source files?

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Wed Feb 28 11:24:52 CET 2007

Zuxy Meng wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently most source files with 8-bit letters are latin1 encoded, but
> by default mplayer actually use UTF-8 as its internal representation;
> the result is that under certain locale, some authors' names (such as
> Reimar's) are displayed with ?. Maybe we can run a 'iconv' over all
> such files?

not knowing how those hellish encodings work I have an instinctual hate
for everything that is not us-ascii, although I admit it's irrational
and based on
my nightmarish experiences.
Anyway, I'd like to keep source files as easy to handle as possible;
is this change really worth doing just to see accented letters? can't we
keep us-ascii?

 Sponsor:
 Problemi di Liquidità? Con Logos Finanziaria 30.000 € in 24 ore a dipendenti e lavoratori autonomi con rimborsi fino a 120 mesi clicca qui
*
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2907&d=28-2