root requests (was: Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] uau - svn account removal)

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon Feb 26 03:13:32 CET 2007

Hi

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 01:35:15AM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 02:01:18PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >
> > PS root ignored me with creating a ffmpeg-win32 mailinglist and
> > with installing roundup, later is now already installed on some other
> > server and will soon be made public ...
>
> You were not ignored.
>
> The Windows people took care of the situation themselves by creating
> this Wiki/forum Windows help site.  Given that the whining died down
> almost completely Mans and I assumed that a separate mailing list was
> no longer necessary.  If you still want ffmpeg-windows it can of course
> be created...

i dont insist on a new ML ATM but id like to get a clear reply from root if
you (plural) ignore a request not just silence

[...]
> Roundup didn't either when I looked at it briefly.  Apparently Luca
> found a customization now that can do dependencies.  Great!  He told me
> that Roundup is great because it's a bare framework that you can adapt
> to your needs.  If you have the time, then yes, it's great.
> Unfortunately I don't, not at this moment.
>
> If Luca makes us all happy with Roundup, I'll be the first to cheer and
> we can move the installation to the project server.
>
> Michael, we've known each other for quite some time now so I don't
> really understand your lack of trust.  If there is some sort of problem,
> just send a mail to Attila or myself privately or give us a phone call.
> It's surely nothing more than a miscommunication like it seems to have
> been now...

theres no lack of trust, just some disagreements on how to handle some
things like policy violations and svn repo hacking and some silly
miscommunications indeed like the ffmpeg-win32 or roundup at mphq

anyway dont take it too serious, i like to flame when in doubt about it
being appropriate to flame :)
and i guess we simply have different oppinions on what to do when
svn policy gets broken, my view here probably is pretty close to arpis
so its not surprissing that we end up fighting over it constantly :)

anyway ill write some private mail maybe if i dont forget until tomorrow
or maybe ill visit IRC once again after a few month dunno yet

[...]

Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated
form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty. -- Plato