[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] what about USE_LIBAVUTIL_SO?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Feb 24 19:32:07 CET 2007

Hello,
On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 07:13:50PM +0100, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> >So are there any strong objections to removing those #ifdef for
> >USE_LIBAVUTIL_SO everywhere?
> >Note that this will still allow using the dynamically linked libavutil
> >if someone really insists,
>
> I do ;)

Btw. a solution I could think of that might satisfy us all would be to
have some stub header somewhere in MPlayer (e.g. mputilhdrs.h) that
would just include some of the most commonly used headers like config.h,
inttypes.h, avutil etc. with all the appropriate #ifdefs and can be included.
That would be fine for me, since it avoids the ifdef mess. I don't know
if anyone would object to this headers-include-headers, though I think
most counter-arguments would not hold in this case of a special header
just for including other headers.

> >you just need to have the libavutil subdir
> >(and be very sure the versions match, but we require that anyway...).
>
> what about those filters that depend on dsputil.h (that isn't and
> won't be exported) ?

I was only talking about libavutil, so this is not related, is it??

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger