[MPlayer-dev-eng] uau - svn account removal

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sat Feb 24 14:50:27 CET 2007

On Saturday, 24 February 2007 at 14:18, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> Hello,
> On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 01:45:40PM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> > On Saturday, 24 February 2007 at 13:07, Attila Kinali wrote:
> > > We, ie root at mphq, were asked to remove uau's svn account
> > > for serious breaking of the svn commit policy. Even by someone
> > > i place large trust in.
> > >
> > > Thus, i would like to ask the MPlayer developers (excluding
> > > uau in this case) to vote whether uau's account should be
> > > removed or not.
> >
> > The one asking for this should step up and reveal his reasons. Or is he
> > a coward? I don't like such underhanded tactics.
>
> I object to the use of the term "coward". Completely ignoring that the
> reasons here were completely different, Some things may or may not be
> suitable to be discussed in the public.

True. But no such reasons exist in this case.

> We do not hold public discussion about whom to grant SVN access
> on the mailing lists either.

I seem to remember a couple of nominations being discussed.

> No matter how much you personally feel something should be discussed
> publicly, this is something that others can easily and with good reasons
> have a different opinion.
> So I please request things being made public without using terms like
> "coward" or "underhanded".

My point was (and Michael confirmed it) about going behind people's backs
to have their account removed. And that's what Michael was trying to do. He
didn't write (for example, in a reply in -cvslog) that he'd propose to
suspend Uoti's write access if Uoti didn't start behaving. No, he mailed
root at mphq directly, saying he didn't want to risk being ignored. That's
what I call underhanded. So I apologize for suspecting Michael of cowardice,
but I stand by my other statement.

Regards,
R.

--