[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Re: PATCH [0/12] CoreAVCDecoder support

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Feb 20 12:28:04 CET 2007

Hello,
On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 11:57:29AM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
[...]
> again the goal is to make ffh264 faster not figure out what coreavc does and
> copy that blindly

In addition I'd like to mention that at least some of those extra-fast
decoders (I think it was a GPU-based one) exhibit the same visual defects
as ffh264 with skiploopfilter, i.e. they violate the standard.
And of course as always the main problem is the lack of people actually
working on the code, though the size of the code admittedly does not
make it easier in this case ;-)

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger